Egypt is a country that is situated in the North eastern part of the African continent. Egypt is known not only for its food but also for its various historic sites in the country. The language spoken in Egypt is Arabic and the capital of Egypt is Cairo. The best time to visit Egypt is during the winter season that is between October to April as the temperature would be pleasant for the tourists to smoothly explore the country.
Egypt is not just about historic sites. There are various things to do in Egypt.Therefore we at Dewan Holidays have come out with Egypt tour packages which include top 10 things to do in Egypt.
Highlights of the Package
- The tourists can visit the Pyramids of Giza which is one of the most popular places that is covered in the Egypt tour packages. The Pyramids of Giza are situated at the Giza plateau. The tourists should know that the Pyramids of Giza refer to the three pyramids namely the Great Pyramid of Khufu, Pyramid of Khafre and the Pyramid of Menkaure. There are various chambers and galleries to see inside the pyramid. Besides, the Giza plateau also has the Sphinx, camel rides and light show at night.
- The Nile river is one of the most beautiful rivers in Egypt. It is the longest river in Africa and the tourists would get to see a beautiful view of the sunrise as well as sunset. It is a good spot for pictures. The tourists can also do a cruise on the Nile river.
- The tourists can try Egyptian cuisine which is very unique and different from Asian cuisine. The Egyptian cuisine involves the use of vegetables, legumes, fruits and meat such as Beef, Chicken, Squab, Seafood etc. Some of the popular dishes of Egyptian cuisine are Ful Medames, Shawarma, Koshari, kebabs, Baklava, Tamiya, Mulukhiyah, Feteer Meshaltet, Sayadiah fish, etc.
- The tourists can visit the Valley of Kings which is situated on the Western banks of the Nile river. The Valley of Kings is known for the tombs of the Pharaohs that are the Kings of various dynasties and there are around 63 royal tombs in the Valley of Kings. Earlier it was also known as the Great Necropolis of Millions of Years of Pharaoh or Place of truth. Some of the popular royal tombs in the Valley of kings are of Tutankhamun, Seti I, Ramses II, etc.
- The tourists can visit the El Gouna beach which is situated at the eastern coast near the red sea and is one of the cleanest beaches in the country. The tourists can do various water sports at the beach such as Snorkelling, Diving, Kitesurfing, etc. Besides, the tourists can visit the restaurants and pubs near the beach to have a delicious meal.
- The tourists can visit the Karnak temple which is situated in Luxor and it is one of the most popular temples in Egypt. The temple is dedicated to three Egyptian gods namely, God Amun-Re, Mut, and Montu. The temple is known for its big complex and the hypostyle hall. Besides, the tourists can also visit the Sultan Hassan mosque in Cairo that was built during the 13th century. The mosque is known for its architecture especially for the minarets and it has religious schools.
- The tourists can visit the Cairo tower which is the tallest building in Egypt as well as North Africa. It is a 187 metres building that was designed by Naoum Shebib during the 19th century. The tourists can get a good view of the city of Cairo from the tower. Besides, the tower is known for its architecture as it is designed in the form of a lotus flower.
- The tourists can visit the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities that is situated in Cairo. There are more than a lakh antique exhibits in the museum. Some of the exhibits that the tourists would get to see are old coins, artefacts, thrones, statues, etc. Besides there are some exhibits that are made of gold along with gems and stones.
- There are many things for the tourists to shop in Egypt such as the Jewellery, Antique stones, Pots, Sandals, Clothing, Statues, Hookahs, Tarboosh hats, Handicrafts, Lanterns, Musical instruments, Carpets, Dates, Spices, etc. The tourists can visit some of the popular shopping locations in Egypt such as Khan Al Khalili, Souk Al Fustat, Old market, Cairo Festival city mall, City stars, etc to get their hands on some unique and amazing pieces.
- Egypt is not just limited to sightseeing points but also offers some adventurous activities such as Skydiving, Trekking, Hot air balloon rides, Bungee jumping, Scuba diving, etc which would make your trip memorable and fun.
This is all about the Egypt tour packages and we hope that the above information has given you a fair idea about things to do in Egypt.