Singapore Tour Package from India
Singapore is an island that is in the Southeast part of Asia that is known for sightseeing places and religious sites in the island. It is a place which is a good spot not only for family vacation but also a romantic destination for newly-wed couples. The tourists can explore the best of Singapore through our Singapore tour package from India .
Location and Population: – Singapore is located at the Southern tip of Malay Peninsula and it is 137 km north of the equator. It is a diamond-shaped island. Singapore has a geographical area of 724.2 square km.
According to the census conducted in 2020, the population of Singapore is said to be 56.9 lakhs.
Singapore’s History: – The history of Singapore has gone through a lot of invasions and change in rulers that is right from the Chola Invasion to the British East India Company who formed it as a trading post. It was established by Sir Stamford Raffles. Later on Singapore, Malacca and Penang became a British colony of the Straits Settlements. It was later during the second world war Japan took over Singapore from the British by bombing it during the 19th century but then it was later captured by the British. In 1946, Singapore became an independent country.
Facts you should know about Singapore: – There are some facts that tourists should know about Singapore which are as follows: –
- Singapore is the first country to come out with the concept of the Night Safari Zoo.
- Singapore is regarded as the inventor of conducting night F1 races in Marina Bay.
- The tallest indoor waterfall is located in the Gardens by the bay of Singapore.
- Changi Airport of Singapore has been voted as the World’s best airport four times in a row since 2016.
- The tourists can see the national anthem of Singapore in their SGD 1000 notes in micro-text.
- The Citizens of Singapore don’t need a visa to visit countries like China, South Korea, North Korea or the United States.
Culture and Food: – The culture of Singapore is a combination of various religions and traditions from various asian countries. The languages spoken in Singapore are English, Malayalam, Tamil and Mandarin Chinese. Most of the people in Singapore are Chinese and the religion followed most is Buddhism. It is a city that has strict restrictions which are to be followed by the public such as No smoking or No chewing gum which would lead to fines. It is one of the cleanest countries in the world. The traditional dressing of Singapore is influenced from the West which are Baju Kurung and Baju Melayu which is said to be the national dress of Singapore.
Singapore is known for its cuisine especially for their seafood. Some of the popular dishes in this cuisine are Chilli Crab, Hainanese Chicken rice, Char kway teow, Hokkien prawn mee, Fish head curry, etc.
Things to Explore in Singapore: – There are many things for the tourists to explore in Singapore especially the festivals and adventure activities which are as follows: –
- Pongal: – It is a South Indian festival which is celebrated for four days in the month of January. The Little India place in Singapore is more lit up for this festival. Pongal is a festival wherein people thank Sun god for the harvest and people celebrate this festival by cooking Khichdi in a pot which is made of rice and lentils.
- Diwali: – Diwali is an Indian festival which is celebrated the most in the Little India region of Singapore. It is celebrated on the 12th November every year. It marks the return of Lord Rama to Ayodhya along with his wife Sita from Lanka. The people wear new clothes and burn fireworks.
- Chinese New Year Festival: – The Chinese new year is a festival celebrated by the Chinese people in the month of January. On this occasion people clean their homes and give gifts to their loved ones. The tourists should visit Chinatown in Singapore where they will be able to see some best performances and a place to do some shopping of Chinese products.
- Lantern Festival: – The festival that marks the end of the Chinese year is Lantern festival. The locals make a paper lantern and put a candle inside the lantern, the tourists release the candle in the night sky which creates a captivating view of the sky. The lanterns are also available in various shapes and sizes.
- Indoor Skydiving: – This is a new way of skydiving wherein the tourist will do a skydive in an indoor five storey wind tunnel than diving from 10,000 feet from a plane.
- Paintball: – It is a popular group sport wherein one team has to eliminate the other team through the guns filled with all the balls. It is played with proper safety of the tourists.
- Scuba diving: – The tourists can do scuba diving and explore the oceans of Singapore, reefs and the marine life of Singapore.
Things to buy in Singapore: – There are various things that the tourists can buy and try in Singapore. Some of them are the Orchid Perfume, Merlion souvenirs, keychains, watches, Bak Kwa chocolates, tiger balm products, Sling drink, tiger beer, Asian artefacts, Coconut Jam, Laksa Paste etc.
Best time to visit: – The best time for the tourists to visit this beautiful island is during December to June as the climate would be pleasant.
Places to visit in Singapore
- Singapore City Tour: – The Singapore City tour covers the most important places under the Singapore Tour Package from India which are the famous Merlion Park where the tourists can take photos with the Merlion statue, that is the lion of Singapore that releases water from its mouth. The next place is the Marina Bay which is the most popular place for the tourists to visit, there is a 50 storeyed building that gives a good view of the Merlion and the tourists can also do boat rides at the Marina bay. The next place is the Singapore Eye, a ferris wheel that is very slow and you can see a beautiful view of Singapore when it reaches the top. It takes around 30 minutes and the tourists will be sitting in big capsules. The last place in the city tour is China town which is a market with all Chinese products for shopping like Chinese lanterns, fans, electronic products, chinese food, etc. Besides there is a temple in Chinatown of Lord Buddha which is a must visit by the tourists. After the city tour, the tourists will go for the Night Safari wherein the tourists will interact with different numbers of species during the night time which they might have never seen before or heard in their life. Some of which are Asian lions, tigers, fishing coats, Pangolin, Malayan tapir, Malayan flying fox, Slow Loris and many more.
- Sentosa Island: – The island that can be reached either by train or from a cable car ride from the Vivo City mall, the largest mall in Singapore is the Sentosa Island which is covered under the Singapore tour package from India . There are many things in the Sentosa Island which are the Universal Studio, a theme park based on Walt Disney movies and there are various rides that are based on those movies. The tourists, especially the youngsters, sit on rides like the roller coaster, Jurassic Park water ride, The Mummy car ride, etc. There is also a 4DX theatre which shows the important scenes in 5 to 10 minutes of the movie which is very much enjoyable. The tourists can also shop in the Universal Studios to buy t-shirts, bags, keychains with the Universal Studio logos and Chocolate stores like Hershey’s, M&M etc.
There is also another popular place in Singapore which is the Madam Tussauds Wax Statue Museum. The tourists will get to see wax statues of popular celebrities and politicians in the world like Shah Rukh Khan, Tom Cruise, Nelson Mandela, Cristiano Ronaldo, etc.
- Places to shop and explore: – The tourists can also visit the city by themselves and they can go to places like the laser light show which happens at the Marina Bay in the evening along with the Gardens by the bay which has a musical light show on the supertree grove. Next, the tourists can go to Little India which is a place in Singapore with more Indians as the name says and it is a good shopping place for the tourists as well as to have some Delicious Indian food. The tourists can also go to the City Square mall which is a popular mall in Singapore to complete their shopping. There are very popular brands like Giordano, amore, Japan Home, etc.
- Changi Airport Fountain: – The last day when the tourists go back home from the Changi Airport they should go and enjoy the world’s biggest waterfall in the airport where the tourists can click pictures. It can be reached through a skytrain track from Terminal 1,2, and 3. It is best viewed in the night when the colourful lights enlighten the view of the world’s tallest indoor waterfall.
How to reach Singapore from India: – The tourists can reach Singapore from India through flight as there are various airlines that fly to Singapore such as Singapore Airlines, Air India, Indigo, Air Asia etc. Besides this the tourist can also go to Singapore by road through the National highway of India to Myanmar and then from there they have to go through Thailand and Malaysia after that they will reach Singapore.
Popular packages: – These are a list of popular Singapore tour packages from India that we recommend to our customers which are as follows: –
|Name of the Package||Duration of the Package||Price of the Package (RS)|
|Amazing Singapore||4 nights / 5 days||28,500|
|Best of Singapore with Cruise||5 nights / 6 days||44,500|
|Singapore with Cruise||6 nights / 7 days||77,000|
|Mesmeric Singapore with Malaysia||4 nights / 5 days||48,500|
|Beautiful Singapore with Bali||7 nights / 8 days||46,000|
|Best of Singapore with Sentosa Island:||6 nights / 7 days||42,500|
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the currency of Singapore?
Ans: The currency of Singapore is Singapore Dollars.
- Which hotels are covered under the above packages?
Ans: The hotels that would be covered under this package depending on availability are Furama City Centre, The Sultan, Park Royal on Kitchener road etc.
- What are the things the tourists should carry for the Singapore tour?
Ans: The things that the tourists should carry are an umbrella, sunscreen lotion, a pair of sports shoes, slippers, passport, visa documents, a few pairs of shorts and loose t-shirts, and a charging socket connector as they are different from India’s. Besides this the tourists should carry their medicine kit.
- Which area is popular for Shopping in Singapore?
Ans: There are many popular areas in Singapore for shopping but the ones we recommend are Little India, Bugis Street, etc.
- Which area in Singapore is known for the best nightlife?
Ans: The best area in Singapore for nightlife is Clarke Quay. It is a romantic destination for couples.
- Which restaurants are popular for dining in Singapore?
Ans: Some of the popular restaurants in Singapore are Komala Vilas restaurant, Khansama tandoori restaurant in Little India, Amravati restaurant etc..
- What are the popular sports in Singapore?
Ans: Some of the popular sports of Singapore are football, cricket, rugby, swimming, badminton, cycling etc.