Christchurch, Queenstown, Sydney, Gold Coast & Melbourne
Australia is the 6th biggest country in the world and is known for its sea shores, widely varied vegetation, wine, culture, food, cowhide items, conventional handiworks, expressions, and so on. Australia is additionally called Oz or The land down under. Australia seems to be a little island however that island has a great deal of things and the sightseers can investigate the best of Australia through our Australia travel packages.
Location and Population: – Australia is located outside the Southeastern part of Asia and in Oceania. Australia shares maritime borders with East Timor, Indonesia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, and the islands of New Caledonia. The geographical area of Australia is 7,617,930 square kilometres.
According to the latest Census conducted on 10th August 2021 the population of Australia is 25,422,788.
Australia’s History: – The history of Australia goes right Before Christ when the Aborigines entered the Southeast part of Asia and found the Tasmanian Island. It was in the 17th and 18th centuries when New South Wales was established and South Australia was also formed with Adelaide being the capital. It also went through the gold rush in the 1850s. Australia has also supported the allied powers in the World wars and also received support from the US when Japan occupied Singapore. Besides this Australia has also sent its troops for wars when asked by allied powers. It was in 1986 that Australia was able to make independent laws through the Australian Act.
Facts you should know about Australia: – There are various facts that tourists should know about Australia before visiting it which are as follows:
- Australia is the only country where the tourists can personally visit and interact with Kangaroos, Koalas, etc.
- The Great Barrier Reef is the biggest coral reef in the world. It is home to various types of marine animals.
- Australia is the only continent in the world that does not have an active volcano.
- Australia has around 60 separate wine regions out of which the majority lies in New South Wales and Victoria.
- Melbourne was the capital city of Australia for 26 years between 1901 and 1927 before the capital shifted to Canberra
- The great ocean road in Australia is the largest war memorial in the world.
Culture and Food: – The culture of Australia is different from other Asian Countries. Australians are obsessed with sports, especially for boxing day. All the sports venues like cricket, F1, etc. are fully packed. They are more non-vegetarians and eat meat that is prohibited to eat in other countries like beef, pork, etc. Did you know that Australia also eats its national animal, the Kangaroos?
Australian cuisine is said to be a mixture of all the cuisines around the world. Some of the popular dishes of the cuisine are Green Chicken curry pie, Hamburger with Beetroot, Crab Sticks, Barramundi, Grilled Kangaroo, Cheese and Bacon roll, Pavlova, etc.
Things to explore in Australia: – There are many things for tourists to explore in Australia in terms of festivals and adventure activities which are as follows: –
- Adelaide Festival: – The festival which is celebrated in the capital of South Australia is the Adelaide Festival and it is also known as the Adelaide festival of arts. It is a cultural event that includes dance, opera, theatre, music, classic and contemporary literature, etc with some fireworks. It is held in March.
- Brisbane Festival: – The festival which is celebrated in September and lasts for around 23 days is Brisbane Festival. It is a festival which attracts many people in the city. It includes dance, music, fireworks at riverfest, and much more.
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival: – The festival in Melbourne that starts in March and is a stage for all local artists as well as international artists to come up with their best stand-up comedian jokes is the Melbourne International film festival. Apart from the comedy jokes the festival also includes sketch shows, plays, improvisational theatre, debates, musical shows, and art exhibitions.
- Bungee Jumping: – Do you want to experience the fall with proper safety? Bungee jumping is the right sport to experience the fall and remove all the height fears. The tourists’ ankles will be tied with an elastic rope and safety equipment will be worn after which they can enjoy the fall.
- Kite Surfing: – It is a water sport wherein the kite is flown along the ocean and the board is tied along with the kite and as the kite flies by wind speed the tourist would be moving in the water on the board.
- Hang Gliding: – Have you dreamt to fly like a bird? If yes then you can fly for a few moments and get a captivating view of the city by Hang gliding. It is operated by a pilot by shifting his body weight in opposition to control the hang glider. It is said to be heavier than the aircraft.
Things to buy in Australia: – There are various things for tourists to buy in Australia and complete their shopping list. Some of them are Chocolates, Gemstones, Leather products, Boots, Honey, Didgeridoo, Wine, Jewellery, Tea tree oil, Hats, Handicrafts, etc.
Best time to Visit: – The best time to visit Australia is during the spring and autumn season from September to November and March to May. This is because the temperatures are bearable and the travelling is less in these months as compared to other months and the tourists can smoothly explore the country.
Places to visit in Australia
- Gold Coast: – Gold coast is a city that is located on the eastern coast of Australia and it is known for its beautiful beaches, shopping, nightlife, theme parks etc. The tourists will reach the Brisbane Airport and completing the airport chores will leave for the Gold coast. Some of the sightseeing points that will be covered by the tourists are the Seaworld that is an animal park wherein the tourists can interact with a vast number of species and some new species in the park. The park also contains water animals. Tourists will get a chance to personally interact with many species in the park like the dolphins, seals, polar bears, penguins etc. and they will also get to see marine animal shows. Besides this the tourist can also enjoy the rides along with their kids like the Vortex, Trident and many more. There is one more place in Seaworld which is the Reef that is more of a water activity which is fun for the kids getting wet through the water cannons, sitting on boats and taking pictures with themed characters. The next place is the most popular place in the Gold Coast, which is the beaches. There are many beaches in Gold coast but the ones that the tourists should visit are the Snapper rocks, Surface Paradise, Rainbow bay, Currumbin beach, etc. These beaches are good for surfing, sunbathers, swimming, etc. There are restaurants around the beach for the tourists to have their meals and enjoy a beautiful view of the beaches.
- Sydney: – The city of Australia which is the capital of New South Wales is Sydney which is covered under the Australia travel packages and without it the package becomes incomplete. The tourists will visit Sydney once they leave the gold coast and take their flight from Brisbane Airport. Some of the sightseeing points that the tourists will cover in Sydney are the Bondi beach which is the most popular beach in Sydney. It is known for the surf lovers with the waves at around 4 metres. It is a 1km strip and the tourists can do a small hike of 2-3 hours from bondi beach to Coogee that covers beaches and more places like the Bronte beach, tamarama beach, Clovelly bowling club etc. The next place is the most popular place not only in Sydney but also in Australia that is the Sydney Opera house. The Sydney opera house is known for its masterpiece architecture and its beautiful location that is at the foreshore of the Sydney harbour. The tourists can view it better from the harbour bridge or the Mrs Macquarie’s Chair in Hyde park. It has a seating capacity of 2,679 and it is a UNESCO world heritage site. Some of the popular shows in the Sydney opera house are the Tame Impala, Prince, Crowded house etc. The last place that the tourists should visit is Hyde park which is the oldest park in Australia and it covers about 16 hectares of land with a lot of greenery. This park also has a beautiful fountain where the tourists can click pictures. Besides this Sydney is also known for its popular food cuisine such as Roasted lamb which is the national dish in Sydney, Barramundi, Australian prawns, Avocado on toast etc.
- Melbourne: – Did you know Melbourne is also known as the sporting capital of the world? Melbourne is the capital of the state of Victoria.It is a place for sports and nature lovers. Some of the sightseeing points that the tourists will visit in Melbourne, the first one is the Royal Botanic Garden which is the oldest scientific institution of the country. The garden is filled with a lot of greenery and it also contains an atrium which is a glass structure that is the most beautiful place for weddings and family gatherings. Besides this garden is also a picnic spot for families with their kids. The next place is the Albert Park which is used to conduct the Formula 1 Grand Prix in Australia every year. The Queen market is a shopping spot for the tourists which is known for good coffee, handicrafts, food, souvenirs, clothing etc. The next place is the shrine of Remembrance which is a war memorial that is made to honour the Australian soldiers who have lost their lives post World War I. The last place is the most popular sporting ground in Australia and second largest ground in the world is the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). It is a must visit for sport lovers and it can be used for cricket as well as football tournaments.
- Brisbane: – The third largest city of Australia and the capital of Queensland is Brisbane. Some of the sightseeing points that are covered under the Australia travel packages which the tourists must visit in Brisbane are the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary which is the largest Koala sanctuary in Australia and it is known for various Australian wildlife species where the tourists can personally interact and feed them like the Kangaroos, wombats, possums, parrots and many more. The sanctuary has a total of 130 koalas. The next place is the story bridge which has become a popular tourist spot in Brisbane and it is located at the Brisbane river. It gives a good view of the city along with some of the big skyscrapers. The tourists should visit this place in the evening when it is lit up and looks very much mesmerising and a delight for all photographers. The last place that the tourists should visit is the Nepalese Peace Pagoda which is a peaceful pagoda Buddhist temple in Brisbane. The pagoda is a replica of the Shanti Stupa in Nepal.
- Adelaide: – The fifth largest city of Australia and the capital of South Australia is Adelaide. Some of the sightseeing points that the tourists must visit in Adelaide are the Victoria Square which is also known as the Tarndanyangga is a town plaza that contains many popular buildings and public institutions. Besides this there is not only the Supreme Court of South Australia but also a statue of Queen Victoria in Victoria Square. The next place is Glenelg beach which is one of the popular beaches in Adelaide. The tourists can get a view of the sunrise and sunset at the beach, eateries, good nightlife, play sports like volleyball etc. Besides this the tourists can also do snorkelling, scuba diving, dolphin sailing tours and enjoy some of the best seaside restaurants at the beach. The last place that the tourist will visit is the St Peter’s Cathedral in Adelaide which is a Catholic Church that is popularly known for its architecture. It has modern and traditional glass windows.
How to Reach Australia from India: – The tourists can reach Australia from India through only one mode of transport that is through flights and there are various airlines that travel to Australia such as Air India, Emirates, Malaysia Airlines, Vistara etc.
Popular Packages: – These are a list of popular Australia travel packages that we recommend to our customers which are as follows: –
|Name of the Package||Duration of the Package||Price of the Package (RS)||Destinations|
|Best of Australia and New Zealand||13 nights / 14 days||1,39,900||Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne, Christchurch, Queenstown, Milford Sound and Mt Cook.|
|Luxurious Australia||10 nights / 11 days||1,34,900||Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, Tangalooma Island and Hamilton Island.|
|Grand Tour of Australia||12 nights / 13 days||71,900||Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney and Cairns.|
|Highlights of Australia||10 nights / 11 days||61,900||Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney, Melbourne and Cairns.|
|Beautiful Australia||8 nights / 9 days||48,900||Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney and Melbourne.|
|Best of Australia||6 nights / 7 days||40,500||Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sydney.|
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the currency used in Australia?
Ans: The currency of Australia is Australian dollar.
- What is the language spoken in Australia?
Ans: There is no official language spoken in Australia but most of the population can speak in English.
- Which visa is required to travel in Australia?
Ans: The visa required to travel in Australia is the Australian Visa.
- Which hotels are covered under the package?
Ans: The hotels covered in this package are 4-star hotels. Some of the hotels are Sofitel Gold coast Broadbeach, Sydney Boutique hotel, IBIS Melbourne central etc.
- What is the temperature in Australia during the spring and autumn season?
Ans: The temperature of Australia during the spring and autumn season is around 11°C to 23°C.
- What are the restaurants in Australia that serve Indian food?
Ans: The restaurants in Australia that serve Indian food are Saffron Indian Gourmet, The Grand Palace– Indian Restaurant, Red pepper etc.