People think that Kullu and Manali are the same places in the state of Himachal Pradesh, but they are totally different. Kullu is a district valley that is located near the Beas River and is known not only for its beautiful temples but also for its greenery. The tourists would first get to see Kullu before visiting Manali. Manali is a hill station that comes under the district of Kullu. Manali is one of the most popular hill stations that bring people from various parts of the country. The best time to visit Kullu Manali is during the winter season, which is between October and February, as tourists get to see the beauty of Kullu Manali at its best and experience the snowfall.
We know that you are very excited to go visit Kullu Manali to witness snowfall and experience the beauty of nature. Thus, we at Dewan Holidays have come out with Kullu-Manali tour packages that include the best sightseeing points, temples, and various other attractions.
Highlights of the Package
- The tourists can visit the Raghunath temple, which is one of the most popular temples in Kullu and is covered in the Kullu-Manali tour packages. The Raghunath temple is dedicated to Lord Ram, and the tourists would get to see some beautiful views of the valley around the temple. It is one of the oldest temples in the state that was built during the 17th century by Raja Kagat Singh. Besides, the temple is known for its beautiful architecture and the statue that was brought by Lord Ram from Ayodhya.
- The tourists can visit the Great Himalayan National Park which is in the list of UNESCO world heritage sites. The total area of the park is around 1,171 km2. It is a good spot for the tourists to go trekking, camping and explore the greenery as well as the wildlife. The tourists would be mesmerised to see the beautiful view of the mountains covered with snow from the park.
- The Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara is one of the most popular Gurudwaras in Kullu that is located in the Parvati valley near the banks of the Parvati river. The tourists can pray and get to taste the delicious langar at the gurdwara. Besides, the gurdwara is also known for the hot springs wherein the tourists can take a dip. It is believed that by taking a dip in the hot springs, one can wash away their sins.
- The tourists can visit the Solang Valley which is one of the best places for people who are interested in winter sports. One can do various winter sports activities and get a good view of the mountains. Some of the winter sports activities that the tourists can try are Snowmobiling, Paragliding, Skiing and many more.
- The tourists can visit the Rahala waterfall which is the highest waterfall in Manali. It is a good spot for the tourists to click pictures and be surrounded by the greenery around the waterfall, hearing the calming sound of the waterfall. The waterfall receives the water from the melting glaciers that come from the Himalayas ,which is why the water is very cold. It is 9,000 feet above sea level and is located between Manali to Leh highway.
- The tourists come to Manali and they don’t go back with empty bags. There are various things for the tourists to shop such as woollen clothes, Dry fruits, Saffron, Kullu caps, Handicrafts, Oils, Praying wheel, Tea and coffee, etc. Besides, there are various places for the tourists to shop in Manali such as Old Manali Market, Mall road, Manu market, Himachal Emporium, etc.
This was all about the Kullu-Manali tour packages and we hope that the above information has given you a good insight about Kullu Manali before you plan your trip.