India’s rich history, impeccable delicacies and culture makes it an ideal pick not only for solo and group tours, but also for a romantic getaway. People usually prefer to travel to the west for a honeymoon, that is Europe, but they are missing out on the beautiful destinations in India that are ideal for a newly wedded couple.
Honeymoon is very special for all couples which makes it even more difficult to choose the right destination for you. Thus we at Dewan Holidays have come out with 7 honeymoon destinations in India that will make your honeymoon the most memorable time of your lives.
Highlights of the Package
- Lakshadweep Island: – The lakshadweep island is one of the popular islands that is covered in the honeymoon destinations in India. Away from the city, Lakshadweep is the ideal place for couples to go for a honeymoon.The best time to visit the Lakshadweep island is during the winter season that is between October to March. The tourists can visit the beaches in the island and enjoy the beautiful view of the sea. They can also do various water sports like scuba diving, snorkelling, Kitesurfing, canoeing, etc. Besides, they can witness the breathtaking view during sunset.
- Udaipur: – Known as the city of lakes, Udaipur is a city famous for its rich history, but it has also proven to be a good honeymoon destination for couples. They can visit various palaces especially the ones that are near the lakes, get pictures clicked and enjoy boat rides.Some of the palaces are the City Palace, Lake Palace, etc. Besides, they can also visit the Ambrari fort and have a candle light dinner near the lake with the beautiful view of the fort. The best time to visit Udaipur is during the winter season that is between October to March.
- Ladakh: – The region that is a union territory in the northern part of the country is Ladakh. It is known for its adventure activities, temples and its beauty that the couples can witness during their honeymoon. The best time to visit Ladakh is during the summer season that is between March to June. The tourists would get to see the Pangong Lake, Hemis Gompa, Thiksey monastery, Magnetic hill, Tso Miri, etc. Besides, there are adventure activities that the couples can enjoy in Ladakh such as camel ride, rafting, rock climbing, quad biking and much more.
- Srinagar: – The city which is the capital of Jammu and Kashmir is Srinagar. Srinagar is a city that is known for its beautiful lakes, culture, nature, and much more. The couples can stay in the houseboats and go boating at the famous Dal lake, try the kashmiri outfits, local Kashmiri cuisine, and get their hands on some beautiful pashmina shawls, traditional jewellery silverware and dry fruits. The best time to visit Srinagar for a honeymoon is during the summer season that is between March to June.
- Shimla: – The city which is the capital of Himachal Pradesh is Shimla. It has been a go-to spot not only for tourists but also for couples who enjoy hill-stations. Many popular movies like 3 idiots have been shot in this city.The best time to visit Shimla is from November to February as the tourists would get to see the snow and it is the perfect time for winter lovers to travel to Shimla.The couples would get to witness the beauty of Shimla at its best. They can go to the ridge to get a good view of the city and also do shopping. Besides, couples can do various adventure sports in snow such as Paragliding, Skiing, ice skating and many more.
- Alleppey: – The city which is located in Kerala and is also known as Venice of the east is Alleppey. Alleppey is the best place to visit for a honeymoon in the southern part of the country as the couples would get to experience the majestic backwaters and they can stay in the houseboats which is also known as Kettuvallams. Besides, they can also visit the beaches in the city such as Marari beach, Alappuzha beach, etc. The best time to visit Alleppey is during the winter season that is between November to March.
- Darjeeling: – The town that is situated in the eastern part of the country is Darjeeling. It is one of the best places for couples to go for a honeymoon in India. The couples would fall in love with the aroma of the tea plantations in Darjeeling. They can visit the tiger hill early in the morning and get a good view of the sunrise.The couple can also take a toy train ride or a cable ride that would give a good view of Darjeeling either from the sky or from the ground depending on the route chosen by them. The best time to visit Darjeeling is during the summer season that is between April to June.
This was all about the honeymoon destinations in India and we hope that the above information has given you an insight about the 7 destinations ideal for your honeymoon.