United Kingdom is not just an island country in the Northwestern part of Europe, it is a dream destination for the people to visit at least once in their lifetime. It is made up of four countries namely England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The best time to visit the United Kingdom is during the summer season that is between June to August and during the winter season that is between December to February.
The United Kingdom has many beautiful cities that the tourists would love to explore. Thus we at Dewan holidays have come out with the United Kingdom Tour Packages which includes the 5 best cities that the tourists should explore in the United Kingdom.
Highlights of the Package
- London: – The city which is the capital of the United Kingdom and England is London. It is a city that is in the bucket list of almost all the tourists and is covered in the United Kingdom tour packages. The tourists can visit Buckingham Palace which is the royal residence of the monarch of the country. Buckingham palace has 775 rooms, 19 staterooms and 78 modernised bathrooms. Besides, the tourists can also see the Change of Guards ceremony that happens on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 10:45 AM United Kingdom time. The tourists can visit the London eye which is a ferris wheel that would give a beautiful view of the city. The tourists should visit the London eye during the evening as it would be lit up with lights around the ferris wheel. The ferris wheel has around 32 big capsules for the tourists to enjoy the 30 minute ride. Besides, the tourists can visit the Big Ben which is one of the most beautiful points in the city. It is a clock tower that is 96 metre tall and it was designed by Augustus Pugin. It is a good spot for the tourists to click pictures.
- Manchester: – The city which is situated in the northwestern part of England is Manchester. It is the first industrialised city in the world. The tourists can visit the Imperial war museum which is located at the Quays. The museum is known for its marvellous architecture and it offers various exhibits that include weapons used in wars such as Battle tanks, War aircrafts, sea mines and much more. The tourists would also get to see short films in the museum. The tourists can explore the Old Trafford Stadium, a football stadium that must be visited by all the football fans in the city. It is the homeground of one of the most popular football clubs in the world, Manchester United that is also known as Red Devils. The city is known for domestic and international football matches that are the Premier League and UEFA Champions League which the tourists can watch in the stadium depending on the schedule. The total capacity of the stadium is more than 70,000. Besides, the tourists can visit the Manchester Cathedral which is situated at the Manchester city centre and is known for its gothic style of architecture. The Manchester Cathedral is the mother church of the Anglican Diocese of Manchester.
- Edinburgh: – The city which is the capital of Scotland is Edinburgh. The tourists can visit the Edinburgh castle which is a popular castle in the country. The tourists will have to climb the castle hill to get to the castle and it is standing on rocks. The castle is known not only for its architecture but also for its various exhibits such as the Honors of Scotland, Stone of Destiny, 15th century weapons and much more. The tourists can visit the Edinburgh zoo, a place that all wild animal lovers should visit. The tourists would get to interact with a wide range of wild animals in the zoo right from birds and reptiles to mammals. Some of them are King Penguin, Pancake Tortoise, Giraffes, Lions, Crowned Lemur, Drill, Giant Panda, etc. Besides, the tourists can explore the Royal botanic garden, a place that must be visited by nature lovers. The tourists would get to see many things in the park such as Chinese hillside, Queen Mother’s memorial garden, the Rock garden and the Woodland garden. The most lovely part of the garden is the glasshouse which has a wide range of plants from various countries in the world.
- Belfast: – It is the capital of Northern Ireland and it is situated at the banks of the River Langen on the eastern coast. The tourists can explore the Titanic Belfast museum which talks about the making of the Titanic ship that hit the iceberg during the 19th century right from the making of the ship till the time it sank. The museum also talks about the sister ships of Titanic that are RMS Olympic and HMHS Britannic. The museum is situated near the Harland and Wolff shipyard in Titanic’s quarter and the museum is known for its beautiful architecture. The tourists can visit the Grand opera house which is one of the most popular opera houses in Belfast. The tourists would get to see various performances in the opera house such as Ballet, Drama, music, etc. Some of the popular artists that the opera is known for are Laurel and Hardy, Vera Lynn, Orson Welles, etc. The total capacity of the opera house is around 1,000 people. Besides, the tourists can visit the HMS Caroline which is a warship that is kept for exhibition. The tourists can go inside the ship and get to see various parts of the ship. The ship was used during both the world wars in the 19th century.
- Brighton: – The city which is on the southern coast of England is Brighton. The tourists can explore Brighton beach which is one of the most popular beaches wherein the tourists can do water sports activities such as windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, wakeboarding, etc. The tourists can take a walk and get a good view of the sea as well as click pictures. The tourists can visit the Royal pavilion which is a historic palace known for its Indo-Saracenic style of architecture. It was built in three stages between the 17th century and the 19th century. Besides, the tourists can visit the Brighton i360 tower which is a 138 metre tall tower near the sea that offers a good view to the tourists and it has a big viewing pod which is made of glass. The tourists should go during the evening in order to not miss the mesmerising sunset.
This was all about the United Kingdom tour packages and we hope that the above information has helped you understand about the 5 cities to explore in the United Kingdom.