Turkey is a country that is located in between two continents as the majority portion of the country is located in the Anatolian Peninsula in Western part of the Asian continent while the remainder is situated in the Balkan Peninsula that is in the South eastern part of the European continent. The language spoken in Turkey is Turkish but the locals can also speak in English and the religion of the people in Turkey is Islam. It is a good spot for the tourists to come and have a good time with their loved ones. The capital of Turkey is Ankara.
The people in Turkey are honest and they are known for their hospitality. They love to express their emotions in front of others, they have love and respect for their family members, etc. Besides, they love to watch a lot of football as they would sing the slogan of their football team on the streets of Turkey. The people in Turkey follow traditions which go back to the time of the Ottoman Empire. They put evil eyes in their houses for protection, etc.The best time to visit Turkey is during the spring season that is between March to May and during the autumn season that is between September to November as the temperature would be bearable for the tourists and they can smoothly explore the country.
Highlights of the Package
- The Blue Mosque is one of the most popular places that is covered in the Turkey tour packages from India. It is situated in the city of Istanbul and it is also known as Sultan Ahmed Mosque. The Mosque is blue in colour and it is known for its beautiful architecture especially the dome. Besides, it was built during the 16th century and it is related to the history of the Ottoman Empire. The tourists need to keep their head and legs covered when they visit the mosque.
- The Topkapi Palace in Istanbul is one of the popular palaces that has now been converted into a museum. The palace used to be the residence of the Sultans during their time. Besides, this palace was also the main ruling centre of the sultans of the Ottoman Empire. The tourists can get to see various exhibits in the palace museum which are related to the sultans who stayed in the palace. Some of the exhibits are Weapons, Jewellery, Clothing, Daggers, Manuscripts, Armor and much more. Besides, the Palace also contains Harems which are rooms in the palace for the wife’s, mistresses and childrens of the Sultan family to stay over there.
- The tourists can visit the Duden waterfall which is situated in the Antalya city of Turkey. It is inside a park that is covered with greenery and the waterfall is formed through two groups of waterfalls that are the Upper Duden and Lower Duden. The waterfall pours from the cliff with a height of around 40 metres. The water of the waterfall goes directly into the Mediterranean Sea. It is a charming spot for the tourists to visit with their loved ones.
- The tourists can visit the Anitkabir which is a historic memorial that is situated in Ankara. It contains the tomb of Turkey’s Founder and first President Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. It was built during the 19th century by Emil Onat and it is known for its Turkish architecture. The Anitkabir is divided into four parts namely Peace Park, Hall of Honor, Road to Lions and Ceremonial Plaza. Besides, the tourists can also see the tomb of the second president of Turkey, Mustafa İsmet İnönü.
- The Genclik Park is one of the most appealing parks in the city of Ankara and a good place for all nature lovers to be surrounded by the greenery. The park is a good spot for picnics, there is an artificial lake, rides for children, etc.The tourists should visit the park during the evening as there is a light show that happens in the park and they should not miss the light show.
- There are various things to shop in Turkey for the tourists to complete their shopping lists. Some of the things to shop are Turkish Coffee along with its serving set, painted ceramic plates, souvenirs, Jewellery, Alcohol such as Raki, Hookah, etc. Besides, they can also buy Soaps, Carpets, Olive Oil, Sports Jerseys, Honey, Dry fruits, Spices and much more. Some of the places in Turkey wherein the tourists can buy these products are the Grand Bazaar, Bagdat Street, Mall of Istanbul, Arasta Bazaar, Terracity, etc.
- The Turkish cuisine is a mixture of the flavours from various continents around the world. They love to use Olive oil in their cooking and the people love to have homemade food apart from the youngsters who love to have food from outside. Some of the popular dishes that Turkish cuisine has to offer for tourists are the Şiş kebap, Köfte, Piyaz, Manti, Baklava, Simit, Kunefe, etc.
- Turkey is not just doing sightseeing at historic places or going in parks, the tourists can have fun during their visit in Turkey by doing adventurous activities like Hot Air Balloon Ride, Scuba Diving, Rock Climbing, Paragliding, Kayaking and many more activities in the wonderful city of Turkey.
This was all about the Turkey tour packages from India and we hope that the above information has been able to give you an insight about the package.