Ranthambore National Park
Honeymoon in Udaipur
Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer
Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer
Best Rajasthan Tour Packages
Rajasthan is a state in the northwestern part of India which is a desert. It is known for the Thar desert, the beauty of the sands of Rajasthan, food, culture, historic as well as religious sites. It is known as the Land of the Kings. You can likewise select one of Best Rajasthan tour packages on our website to visit a place that is known for the rulers.
Location and Population: – Rajasthan is sharing borders with Pakistan. Besides this it is also sharing a border with Indian states such as Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh etc. The geographical area of Rajasthan is about 342,239 square kilometres.
According to the Census conducted in the year 2011, the population of Rajasthan is around 68 million. The population that is estimated to be as of today is around 80 million.
Rajasthan’s History: – The history of Rajasthan has gone through a lot of changes in the empires and rulers. It has witnessed various battles between various rulers and outside rulers capturing the throne. The Rajputs were the ones who bravely fought for their land especially when the Mughals wanted to capture all the palaces of Rajasthan. Earlier Rajasthan was called as Rajputana. It is known for various Indian as well as foreign rulers like Maharna Pratap, Akbar, etc. The Mughal rule came to an end after the British invaded India and the East India Company changed the name to Rajasthan.
Facts you should know about Rajasthan: – There are some facts that the tourist should know about Rajasthan which are as follows: –
- Rajasthan is the largest state in India.
- The cities in Rajasthan are colour coded. For example All the buildings in Jaipur are Pink while in Jodhpur it is blue.
- There is only one river in Rajasthan that flows through the Thar desert till the Rann of Kutch of Gujarat which is the Luni river.
- The Palace on wheels is a luxury train of Rajasthan that speaks about the royalty of Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan has only one hill station which is Mount Abu that is located at a height of 1,722 above sea level.
- There is a place in Rajasthan where India successfully tested its first nuclear bomb, the Pokhran in the month of May, 1974. The Prime Minister during that time was Atal Bihari Bajpyee.
Culture and Food: – The culture of Rajasthan is different from the cultures of other Indian states. They are known for their traditional dressing, handicrafts, food, folk dances, puppet shows, paintings, jewellery, architecture etc. They have traditions that have been ongoing since the time of the Maharajas who have ruled in Rajasthan.
Rajasthan is known for its cuisine and the cuisine is said to be spicy. It is known for some popular dishes which are Gatte ki sabzi, Laal Maas, Dal Bati Churma, Safed Maas, Mirchi Bada, Mawa Kachori, Mohan Thaal, Moong Dal ka Halwa etc.
Things to explore in Rajasthan: – Rajasthan is a desert state but there are many things that the tourists can explore in Rajasthan especially the festivals and adventure activities which are as follows: –
- Bikaner Camel Festival: – The Camel festival is a festival that happens in Bikaner for two days and it is celebrated to honour the camels who are said to be the ship of the desert. This festival happens in January wherein the camels are decorated as vibrant bridles with traditional necklaces and heavy anklets. There is a camel parade that happens at the Junagarh fort and there are camel races, puppet shows, folk dance, fire dance etc. The festival ends with some fireworks in the sky.
- Mount Abu winter Festival: – This is a three day festival that happens in the last week of December in Mount Abu. The festival is about the culture and heritage of Rajasthan. It starts with a parade at the hill station and ends at Nakki Lake. The tourists then get to see some folk dance performances like Gumar, Daph and Gair. Besides this the tourists will also get to hear songs sung by Rajasthani artists, Shaam-e-qawwali and much more.
- International Kite festival: – It is an international kite festival that happens on the 14th January every year on the occasion of Makar Sankranti. The blue sky is filled with a lot of beautiful kites with various designs. It happens in Jaipur.
- Hot Air Balloon: – Hot air balloon is a popular adventure activity as the tourist will get a good view of the places in Rajasthan. The tourists can do hot air ballooning from Jaipur, Pushkar, Jaisalmer and other places of Rajasthan.
- Animal Safari’s: – The tourists can explore the various animal safari’s of Rajasthan as there are various safari’s available in Rajasthan. Some of them are the Ranthambore Wildlife safari, Castle horse safari, Elephant Safari in Jaipur etc.
- Water sports: – The tourists think that Rajasthan is a desert and there are no water sports activities but there are water sports as there are lakes in Rajasthan where the tourists can do boating and gliding with proper safety.
Things to buy in Rajasthan: – There are many things for the tourists to shop in Rajasthan which are paintings, gemstones and jewellery, carpets, spices, sweets like Ghevar etc. Besides this the tourists can also buy pots which are having beautiful designs, toys for children, jodhpuri juttis that is a footwear which is available in various designs and sizes.
Best time to visit : – The best time to visit Rajasthan is during the winter season that is during November to February as the state will not be very as compared to how it becomes in the summer season.
Places to visit in Rajasthan
- Jaipur: – The city in Rajasthan which is called the Pink city as all the buildings in Jaipur are of Pink colour from the exterior is Jaipur. It is the capital and largest city of Rajasthan. The places that are covered in Jaipur under the best Rajasthan tour packages are the City Palace is a palace that was built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II which is a home to the Royal family of Jaipur and now the palace also has a Sawai Jai Singh II museum. The next place is the Hawa Mahal which is known for its architecture and designing of the palace. It is near the City Palace of Jaipur which looks like the shape of a pyramid. The next place is the Amber fort which was built by Alan Singh and it is located on the hill side. This fort is known for its architecture as this fort is built using the Rajput and Mughal architecture. The tourists should also see the reflection of the fort in the Maota lake during the day time which looks splendid. The next place is the Albert Museum which runs as a State Museum and it is the oldest museum in Rajasthan. This museum is known for the artefacts including paintings, jewellery, carpets, ivory, stone, metal sculptures, and works done using crystal. The next place is Jantar Mantar observatory which has astronomical instruments that tell the time of the day through the shining sun. The instruments were built by Sawai Jai Singh II and it is a UNESCO world heritage site. The next temple is the Birla Mandir which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Goddess Laxmi. This temple is made out of pure marble. The last place to visit in Jaipur is the Jal Mahal palace which is located in the middle of the Man Sagar Lake and it gives a beautiful view of the lake and the reflection of the palace is seen on the lake. The palace is also known for the Rajput style architecture.
- Udaipur: – It is a city that contains historic palaces, beautiful sceneries, place for sports lovers and much more. The places that are covered in Udaipur are the City Palace which will be visited by the tourists during the evening time. The City Palace is a palace that is located on the east side of the lake Pichola and it was built by Maharana Udai Singh II. The next place is the Sajjangarh Palace which is also known as the Monsoon Palace. It was built by Maharana Sajjan Singh and the palace is located on the top of the hill which will give the tourists a beautiful view of the city and especially during the monsoon seasons give a good view of the rain and the thunder. The next place is the Jagdish temple which is a very big temple that is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The tourists will have to climb 32 steps to reach the main shrine of Lord Vishnu and a brass image of Garuda which is half man and half eagle. The next place is the Saheliyon ki Bari which is a popular garden in Udaipur that was built by Rana Sangram Singh for his wife which had 48 maidens and they would spend time in this garden. This garden has a beautiful waterfall and a kiosk. The next place is the Karni mata temple which contains an idol of Karni Mata. This temple is located on the Machla Marga hills which gives a good view of the Doodh Talai Lake and the Udaipur city. The next place is Lake Pichola which is more of a romantic place for the tourists and they can also do boat rides around the lake and experience the beautiful scenery around the lake. The next place is the Ambrai Ghat which is also known as the Manjhi Ghat or the Hanuman Ghat is a lakeside ghat wherein the tourist can get a good view of the lake Pichola and the City palace. The next place is the Fateh Sagar Lake which was constructed by Mahrana Jai Singh is an artificial lake that has a big fountain and the tourists can do boat riding in the lake. The last place that the tourists should visit in Udaipur is a treat for the sports lovers which is the Sawai Man Singh Cricket Stadium. It is a home of the IPL team Rajasthan Royals and the Rajasthan Cricket Association. It is a very big stadium and it has also hosted a few matches of the Indian Cricket team.
- Jodhpur: – The city of Rajasthan which is the second largest city in Rajasthan and it is popularly known for forts, palaces and shopping for the tourists is Jodhpur. The places that are covered in jodhpur under the best Rajasthan tour packages are the Mehrangarh fort which is one of the largest forts in India and it is known for its beautiful architecture especially the domes. This fort was built by Rao Jodha Rathore who was a rajput ruler. It is located on the top of the hill and the fort has a courtyard as well as a museum. The next place is the Umaid Bhavan Palace which is the last palace that was built before India’s Independence. The palace is managed by Taj hotels and it has 347 rooms. The palace gives a good view of the city and the monuments near the Umaid Bhavan Palace such as the Mehrangarh fort. This palace is a status symbol of Jodhpur and it can also be used to conduct weddings, reception etc.
The next few places in Jodhpur will be covered after the tourists are done with the sightseeing places at Jaisalmer. The places which they will visit in Jodhpur after coming back are the Jaswant thada which was built by Maharaja Sardar Singh which served as a cremation ground for the royal family of Marwar and the Jaswant thada was built using white marble. The next place is Balsamand lake which is a water reservoir that provides water to Mandore and it is a good spot for the tourists to click pictures. The last place that the tourists should visit in Jodhpur is the Sardar market which is a shopping spot for the tourists to buy clothes especially the Rajasthani clothes and in that there is a special cloth named Bandhani which is famous in the Rajasthan culture. Besides this there are local food stalls in the market and the Ghanta Ghar clock in the market.
- Jaisalmer: – The city in Rajasthan which is known as the Golden City in Rajasthan and it is known for forts, havelis and museums is Jaisalmer. It is the last city that is covered under the best Rajasthan tour packages . The tourists will first spend time in the beautiful Thar desert wherein the tourists can do adventurous desert activities like camel rides, paragliding, dune bashing that is drifting the car in the dunes, quad biking that is small bike type rides etc. and then go to Jaisalmer. The places that the tourists will visit in Jaisalmer are the Jaisalmer fort which is a UNESCO World heritage site and it is also known as Sonar Quila or the golden fort. The fort is made of yellow sandstone due to which when the sun shines on the fort it matches like the colour of the thar desert and when the sunsets with the lights on the fort it looks more mesmerising. This fort is also used to shoot movies. The next place is Salim Singh ki Haveli which was built by Salim Singh and this haveli is known for its magnificent architecture especially the 38 dome balconies which are made with reference to the peacock. The last place to visit in Jaisalmer is the Jaisalmer war museum which is also known as JWM is designed to honour the sacrifice of the soldiers who lost their lives during the India Pakistan wars. It is a museum that tells about the Indian Armies operations from 1965 India Pakistan War till the year 1971 war. It shows the war equipments that were used by the Indian Army during that period such as the guns, fighter jets, tanks and much more. The museum has two large information display halls, an audio visual room and a souvenir shop along with a cafeteria.
How to Reach Rajasthan: – The tourists can reach Rajasthan from various Indian states through flight as there are many airlines like Air India, Indigo, Go First etc. that fly to Rajasthan. Besides this the tourists can also go to Rajasthan through road and train from their respective cities.
Popular Packages: – These are a list of the popular Rajasthan tour packages that we recommend to our customers which are as follows: –
|Name of the Package||Duration of the package||Price of the package (RS)||Destinations|
|Rajasthan Charm||8 nights / 9 days||31,990||Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur and Jaisalmer|
|Rangilo Rajasthan||8 nights / 9 days||34,699||Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur and Jaisalmer|
|Gems of Rajasthan||6 nights / 7 days||24,999||Jaipur, Udaipur and Jodhpur|
|Royal Rajasthan||6 nights / 7 days||27,800||Jodhpur, Udaipur and Mount Abu|
|Best of Rajasthan||8 nights / 9 days||37,399||Udaipur, Mount Abu, Jodhpur and Jaisalmer|
|Honeymoon in Udaipur||3 nights / 4 days||16,500||Udaipur|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which are the hotels that are covered under the package?
Ans: The hotels that are covered under this package depending on the availability are the Apple Inn by TGI in Jaipur, Admire Inn by TGI in Udaipur, Lords Inn hotel in Jodhpur, Imperial Hotel in Jaisalmer and the Imperial Resort in the Jaisalmer camp.
- Are the adventurous activities in the thar desert included or to be paid by the tourists?
Ans: The adventurous activities and camel rides in the desert need to be paid for by the tourists themselves.
- Are all the meals included in the package?
Ans: This package only includes morning breakfast in all the hotels and dinner only at the camp in Jaisalmer.
- Are there any family tour packages for Rajasthan?
Ans: Yes. There are family tour packages, you can visit our website https://www.dewanholidays.com/tour-destination/rajasthan/ to view our packages.
- Are the boating charges and monument entry fees free?
Ans: The tourists will have to pay the boating and the monument entry fees by themselves.
- What is the temperature in Rajasthan between December to February?
Ans: The temperature in Rajasthan between December to February is around 25°C to 27°C during the day time and during the night time it is around 10° C to 15°C.